One of the most real sayings in this world comes from ABC's Wide World of Sports. "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat." While we may accept a lot of quotations/sayings/expressions as true, not very many are ever fully realized. However, regardless of sport, who cannot attest to ever having felt the disappointment of moments slipped by? Then again, it's the missed shots that make the ones made all the more sweeter...
- Sometimes you just need to get out even if you have nowhere to go. That's why it's good to have old favorites like McGurk's as a go-to for grabbing drinks with Erin.
- While the weekend is supposed to imply two full personal days, we all know it usually doesn't go that way. Fortunately I was able to snag one on Saturday, shopping the Delmar Loop that even included a coffee break with my iPod.
- Evidently no matter where you go, a piano bar is always the same. Make sure you go early to one to grab a table. It makes a difference, as I found out at the Jive and Wail in Maplewood.
- Another thing to make sure of when you go out is having an escape route. Even if you plan on a no-fail night. Enter: The Post.
- Three years ago I hopped along with a little glee in every step from January into spring when Peyton Manning and the Colts won the Super Bowl XLI. The glee left too early this year. If had to go to someone else though...well congratulations, New Orleans.
- It was somewhat of an eventful weekend, and Peyton Manning must wait another year for his second ring. Oh, the agony.
- Mardi Gras comes this weekend. A sure thrill.