Sunday, February 7, 2010

In Search of the Starter Heel, Part I

I'm a flats kind of gal. Always have been. However, I'm trying not to always be that way. After reading "How to Walk in High Heels" (see: How To Seek Glamorous Advice), I've realized how important such soles can be for a girl. While I do own a few pair of heels, they are just your bread and butter basics. Knowing myself as I do, a va-va-voom pair has to be inserted into the collection to really get excited to wear them. So Saturday afternoon I set out in search of the perfect starter heel. A starter heel would be something in between 2" and stiletto-not too little, but not too much either. I popped in any store that may possibly carry a shoe or two. A great strategy, until colorful patterns and fun fabrics in the form of tops and dresses caught my eye first. After five stores all I had in my bags were a fun new top, great dress, and practical turtleneck. The next stop was the mall, but it was pretty clear my frustrations had mounted to the point of no return for the day. So the afternoon came out even-no va-va-voom starter heel, but a few great new looks to spruce up the wardrobe. On the brightside I definitely do not own a pair of shoes to go with my new dress, so at least I am still left with a necessary mission. The search shall continue on, in the meantime I'll just have to enjoy my new purchases:


This Esley dress is not of my typical style, but I couldn't keep my hands and eyes off of it. A sure sign of a must buy. Found at Blues in St. Louis.



It's finds like these that are proof you should go into every store, for you have no idea what you'll find. A perfect steal at $14, the faux fur front and bead embellishments (giving way to go sans necklace for the night) is the perfect unique look. It's also easy to dress up or down. Found at Avalon Exchange in St. Louis; designer unknown.



Alright, it's just a plain turtleneck. However, with a wider neck, soft fabric, and form-fitting cut it's actually a very chic wear. It's also the perfect attire for the outdoor messy celebration that is Mardi Gras, taking place in the Soulard neighborhood of St. Louis Saturday February 13th. The simple color is great to show off those beads as well. Found at Morrell's in St. Louis, by PaulnKC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...