Sunday, February 21, 2010

Storing Up Treasures

I'm beginning to get the feeling of being followed. This past Saturday we received a sneak preview of spring. Having felt the itch to walk my neighborhood park for sometime now, I seized the opportunity to pay a visit. Normally I just walk the perimeter of it and take in some great people watching. On this particular afternoon I had the sudden impulse to take the path through the middle of the park along the shallow sculpture pond. Shining right in the middle of it was a beautiful red mosaic heart sculpture. Continuing on a moment later I noticed something I stepped on. A simple white chalk drawing of four shapes: a triangle, rectangle, circle, and a heart. As I took snapshots of both images, I was reminded of a personal favorite quote. It actually comes from the Bible, and reads:
"But store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven...For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."--Matthew 6:20-21
So for now I'll go on collecting these symbols I've come to treasure, in hopes of finding my real heart.


Mosaic heart sculpture in pond of Francis Park.



Chalk drawing in Francis Park. Artist unknown.




Post Script: Some times the best way to remember our heart is to go back to childhood. Whose first piano masterpiece wasn't Heart and Soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...