Thursday, February 26, 2009

Going Out Bogie Style!


After five months, I have finally decided that tonight's the night to wear my glorious fedora. Traditionally fedoras have been an outerwear hat. I plan on changing that. It's been a long week, and an even longer day with a presentation, quiz, test, and project all taking place in a span of five hours. Conquering that feat I feel I have enough ferocity to defy the unspoken and never touched fashion rules. Fedoras made their re-entrance to the fashion scene quite awhile ago. However, let me remind you I am in Columbia, MO. News and trends have to travel quite a few tracks before they reach here. Not only that, but when they do get here you then have to tackle the quizzical looks people give you when they see such strange relics. Well I have never been one to fit in with the mainstream crowd, and I feel that anything that could potentially be said about me I've probably already known. And here's some food for thought: have you ever had that one bold item you loved so much but were afraid it wasn't apprapo? Yet, the next night you're out, you see that very article on someone else and all you want to do is scream "I had that first!" That, my friends, will not happen to me. And it shouldn't happen to you either. Wear what you love, I say! Clothing and accessories are made for a reason after all. So with that being said, my brown knit and leather fedora will be coming off its perch that it has taken up residence at on my wall mirror and hitting the town. I'm sure Mr. Cool himself, Humphrey Bogart, will be rolling over his grave somewhere at the sight of this head topper on a dance floor. Hey, at least I'll know I made a statement, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...