Saturday, July 7, 2012

You Never Can Tell



Those who are considered film critics, would most likely find it offensive if I said the same of myself.  However, other than intense horror and psychological thrillers, I truly appreciate great films.  Bit by bit though I am trying to see my way through all of the greats, in addition to everything in between.

As a Quentin Tarantino fan, I'm ashamed to admit that I have never seen his all time great, Pulp Fiction, before last evening (almost as shocking as the fact that I was just eight years old when the film was released!).  Of course, like all of his works, the film fits in no other genre but his own.

While so much of the story line, acting, and camera work is ingenius, to me the most part mesmerizing is the Uma Thurman and John Travolta's Twist dance.  The fancy footwork is enough to be completely envious of, but it's all due in part to a brilliant backdrop and song (performed by none other than a St. Louis legend) complemented by exceptional directing.  It has quite easily topped the charts of my top cinematic moments.  If that counts for anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...