It's not necessarily a natural instinct, but as a forced habit I try to make a new recipe every week. More often than not they're modified from the original, either because I have my own twists, or because I give up. This week's was completely of my own creation. Is it it something of culinary mastery? Not quite. However, it is something anyone can do, and best of all it's a dish everyone would like.
So here it is...
- Whole wheat gnocchi
- Londener cheddar cheese
- Grated parmesan
- Bring gnocchi to a boil as directed
- Chop Londener cheddar into small cubes
- Heat cheddar with EVOO to a melt
- Dice and mix in garlic
- Combine gnocchi with softened cheese; add parmesan
- Top with breadcrumbs
- Cook at 400 degrees for around 20 minutes
- Pairs well with a bottle of Vouvray