Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Bodyguard Mission



Not many moons ago "The Bodyguard" was considered too graphic for my young eyes.  Of course that just made me want to see it all the more.  In fact, as I recall, I had a fascination with the movie.  Perhaps because its main theme's music video, "I Will Always Love You," which featured clips from the film, was on every afternoon.  Or maybe just because the entire soundtrack recorded by Whitney Houston could be heard, not only in my house, but all my other playmates' as well.  


Evidently getting around to actually seeing the movie was one of the few things I eventually forgot about and moved on from as a child.  Some 19 years later, I finally found myself too tired to move from the couch, or even reach for the remote Saturday evening, and entranced by Lifetime's airing of the movie.  All I can say is, I should have been more persistent all those years ago.  Even with its blatant '90s styles and cheesiness, it is a bonafide classic.  If for no other reason than it is what made Kevin Costner the handsome icon he is today.  Do not kid yourselves, it was not "Dances With Wolves."  


In short, it has become my mission to resurrect this film from its early '90s purgatory.  A whole demographic of RomCom aficionados were robbed Costner and Whitney at their absolute finest.  It's time to right this wrong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...