Sunday, July 25, 2010

Missing Madden's






Today happened to be an especially bittersweet day for me.  It was the first time I was not strolling into Madden's Lodge on the final Sunday in July.  While I had quite the relaxing day getting lost in my book, in what is normally my Mom's reading chair at her house, I couldn't help but think how much nicer it would have been on Gull Lake's shore.  Like everyone else who goes up this for this week, Madden's has come to represent my summer daydreams, and more importantly has helped to define all of what is sweet and cherished in my life.  It's one of the few places I can still go and see myself at every other year before.  The most wonderful part about it is that it's always there.  So while I will deeply miss the lake, my friends, and the mesmerizing pine aromas, I've taken solace in the fact that I'm lucky to have it and to go back next year.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...