Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekend Review-5.2.10


It had been a couple weekends since I was last out of town, so clearly I was due.  Especially since the call was to support a good cause.  Our dear friend Claire was throwing a fundraiser party for her colleague to support Leukemia and Lymphoma.  So we jumped in ours cars.  One nomad currently residing in Breckenridge, and three bonafide St. Louisans.  As expected the crew and weekend did not disappoint.
  • It was a bit scary, but Zeiter safely drove Julie and I through the severe storms into Kansas City.  We may not be able to say the same if I were the driver.
  • The uniform romper may have started as a joke, but I decided to bring a long-legged one with me anyway.  Made complete with my new Jill Stuart wayfarer-style glasses.  
  • Lots of dancing at O'Dowd's and lots of nachos at Granfalloon.  Standard activities.
  • Since Claire had work to do at the party site, we were trusted to roam free around her city.
  • After lunch at Ingredient our immaturities got the best of us...
  • We coined a gorilla call...butchered Shakespeare's Old English...lounged around Restoration Hardware...and let's end there.
  • Open bar, delicious food (and lots of it), an awesome band, and my favorite form of gambling-the auction-made for one absolutely terrific party!  Well done (a few times over), Claire!
  • Remember the stilettos?  I do, and am trying to forget them.  Oy...
  • Thanks to those gosh darn heels, my "hot legs" could not show themselves off in the "Boom Boom Room" of The Brooksider.
  • I'm both amazed and thankful that after a weekend spent on stilts and sleeping on the floor I have neither permanent nor temporary soreness to report.
  • Off course no weekend is complete without a Sunday Brunch cap, which was well done at Re:Verse.
  • Once home I thought of all the rest I was going to take this week.  Early bed times, naps after work.... Then I remembered Cinco de Mayo was Wednesday.  Well there's always next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...