Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To the Fullest

When I was younger I never could quite imagine it. If I did, the pictures in my mind were quite different from what they became. It seems my parents managed to turn 50 without too many gray hairs and geriatric medications on their charts. Tonight it was my Dad's turn to cross over the hill (my Mom made her journey in October). Taking a different approach from his Birthday extravaganza the other weekend that went into the midnight hours, we just had a quaint dinner at a hidden gem in Maplewood, Acero. It turns out they had an absolutely scintillating menu from top to bottom, including some savory sea scallops. Just what I was in the mood for! Of course good food is always made better by tremendous service, which is exactly what we received from our server, Zach. He exemplified true hospitality chivalry with his charm, menu knowledge, and genuine gusto for his job. [Turns out we weren't the only ones who though this either. He's been reviewed on UrbanSpoon!] It was the same sort of attitude my Dad not only shows everyday on the job, but at home too.


A more "lively" shot taken by Zach.

While barely able to reach the wheel after such a filling meal, something occurred to me on my ride home. Living ain't easy. Especially 50 years worth. Or working to please a restaurant full of others' needs worth. In the midst of the pitfalls and setbacks though, you'll find these things pass. Usually with some speed too. It becomes important then to remember to enjoy the moments that just simply are. Think with your heart, speak with a smile, and always pass it on. If you do, you may just get to 50 gracefully too.

"I'll reach out my hand to you, I'll have faith in all you do. Just call my name and I'll be there."--Jackson 5; I'll Be There

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...