Monday, October 5, 2009

A Recipe for 50 Years (Extra Sweet)


Tonight my Mom is celebrating her 50th Birthday. Peg, as she is affectionately known, thinks the only time I mention her on this little writing experiment is out of aggravation. On the contrary, I find my Mother to be one of the funniest, most genuine and kind-hearted people I have ever come in contact with. It was from her I learned and picked up most of my habits in life, including not making a big deal of a Birthday. However, making it through 50 years on this Earth still standing tall, is something to celebrate. So while celebrating with a lifetime of her good friends and family this weekend, I discovered the perfect recipe (maybe one of the few I will ever discover) for an extra sweet 50 years:



-1 Full Open-Mind
-1 Whole Bag of Fresh Laughs
-1 Whole Bag of Aged Laughs (for the flavor)
-1 1/2 Cups of Frozen Tears (You should always freeze them to preserve as to see how far you've come)
-10 Cups of Patience (one needs this when raising four girls)
-1 Good Ear
-5 Stern Mouths
-A Pack of Comforting Words & Strong Praises
-1 Youthful Spirit
-3 Deep Breaths (Stir Continuously)
-2 Soft Eyes (Don't Close Them Throughout)
-2 Good Books (Keep on Hand at All Times)
-A Hefty Load of Graciousness
-2 Lending Hands
-A Lifetime of Wisdom and Experience Always Looked at Fondly (No Matter Good or Bad)
-A Dash of Cocktails
-Combine All With A Variety of Loyal Friends & Family
-Bake in A Warm Spirit and Heart

...Viola! Your next sweet 50 years are ready for the tasting!




"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you."-- Winnie the Pooh


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...