Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pennies From Heaven


Supposedly the penny is soon to be extinct from our modern day currency.  Perhaps this is why I find the tiny piece of copper to be so valuable.  I'm not too keen for carrying cash, much less change around.  For convenience purposes, a card is more suitable to my needs.  However, whenever a penny suddenly crosses my path, I can't help but find a rhyme or reason to it, and thus pick the coin up.  In fact I keep them all in a tiny little vase next to my bed.  Yes, I'm the kind of girl that believes in lucky pennies.  It makes life a little more fun when you can think that something wonderful is just around the corner.

"Every time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven.  Don'tccha know each cloud contains pennies from heaven?  You'll find your fortune fallin all over town.  Be sure that your umbrella is upside down.  Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers.  If you want the things you love, you must have showers.  So when you hear thunder don't run under a tree.  There'll be pennies from heaven for you and me." --Louis Prima (original lyrics by Johnny Burke & Arthur Johnston)

{Image Credit: Tundi Heinrich }

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...