Friday, October 14, 2011

Plans


This morning I woke up right on time.  Just for that, I rewarded myself by not going on the treadmill at 5:30 and instead just lying in bed for awhile longer.

Because my planned outfit did not look quite as good on as it did in my head, I cost myself the time it takes to complete a walk to work before my morning meeting.  So I switched my plan and hitched a cab.  Only to wait 10 minutes for one, even while living on one of Chicago's busiest streets.

This weekend is the 100th Homecoming weekend at my alma mater, Mizzou.  I hadn't planned on going due to other out-of-town commitments going on this month.  However, a couple great friends made very last minute decisions to make the trek back, so I decided to look into doing the same.  If of course my Dad had not finalized his plans to come up to Chicago tomorrow.

As it turned out he hadn't.  But in the end I could not make the logistics, finances, and everything else work out to get to Columbia, MO in time for the big game.  Fortunately my Dad still had an open agenda tomorrow and decided to still come up.

Plans are wonderful when you have them.  They can be made even more sweet though when you don't know at all what you want and you wind up with what you got.

Hope your plans take you on some fun twists and turns this weekend!

{Image Via}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...