Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What Spring Sprung




Not sure if it was just hiding throughout the rest of the country, but spring was a very elusive guest to Chicago this year.  While the rain came down, and the warm temperatures remained dormant, I kept busy with some good books, movies, and blasting tunes while spring cleaning.  If I had to choose, my favorites from the past three months were:
  • Gimme Some-Peter Bjorn and John:  Still funky and fresh, this album started all the right ways with Tomorrow Has to Wait
  • How Starbucks Saved My Life by Michael Gates Gill:  In a word, inspiring.  You want to make sure and pay attention to every word Gill has to say from his career highs to his careers bests; his mistakes as well as his timeless memories.
  • The Graduate:  They call them classics for a reason.  Clearly a racy coming-of-age story, this film was also touching and had a very dashing Dustin Hoffman, both of which came as somewhat unexpected.
Now onto the remainder of my summer months.  They happen to contain a hefty amount of travel time, which bodes well for my favorite hobbies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...