Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Anatomy of a Dress



It started with a longing...


For a little bit of a bigger bank account.



To get to the ultimate desire...


of sheer elegance.




Fortunately, a seamstress happened upon me one day...


who was curiously disguised as my sister.




Luscious fabrics and beautiful pinning, she told me...


Aren't just for the heavy of pocket.





So it began...


The fabric was found, the pins laid out, and the threads stitched.



All without a proper fitting...


Just a keen eye to attention and detail.




Of course questions arose along the way...


On length and size, and even time.




The distance in between was of no great aid...


But a couple pushes and a lot of trust were able to fill in quite nicely.




Of course fittings came eventually...


Perhaps a little too close to deadline though.




Suggestions and concerns were cautiously given...


Knowing the best was going to be made of it no matter what.



Alas, all proper adjusting was made...


To complete and gleeful satisfaction.




A project that started as just a wistful image...


Turned into a work of custom-made chic.




The original dress was found on Sunday Brunch Dress Shop.  My sister Emily suggested replicating it for me.  Even with the knowledge I'd have some finger-to-mouth "loving concerns" to add along the way.  In the end I think we were both more than elated with the result.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe she did made that dress....w/out a pattern...just by seeing it in her mind's eye. I have to say, I LOVE the outcome....VERY cute ;)))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...